Microneedling in Orange County
Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling is a minimally-invasive skin-rejuvenation treatment that is growing in popularity. Hailed by many as the hottest skincare treatment today, microneedling uses the body’s own healing response to naturally improve skin quality for a more youthful appearance.
Dr. Timothy R. Miller is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving Aliso Viejo, Newport Beach, and the Orange County area. With more than a decade of experience and a practice focused exclusively on the face and neck, he has developed a high level of technical skill and precision in treating these delicate areas of the body. Dr. Miller provides microneedling treatments to his patients, along with a full suite of cutting-edge non-surgical cosmetic procedures to refresh your look and your life.
What Is Microneedling?
In a microneedling procedure a device with an innovative tip composed of shallow, tiny needles is used to create therapeutic openings in the surface of the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the wound-healing process of the body, causing it to replace dead cells, produce more collagen and elastin, plump up the skin, and fill in lines and wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. Results are completely natural, as the procedure uses the body’s own healing mechanism.
Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling can be performed on the face and body with remarkable benefits to the skin. This versatile treatment can be used to:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles: Microneedling triggers the generation of new cells. With only a few sessions, crow’s feet, fine lines, and deep wrinkles on the forehead can be noticeably reduced. This minimally-invasive procedure can even help prevent new lines and wrinkles from forming.
- Repair visible acne scars: Studies have shown that microneedling can produce marked improvement in visible acne scarring. As longer needles are needed for maximum results in treating severe acne scars, the procedure should be performed only by a board-certified plastic surgeon or a qualified healthcare professional.
- Reverse sun damage and hyperpigmentation: This treatment stimulates collagen production to help reverse sun damage, discoloration, and the hyperpigmentation of melasma.
- Rejuvenate aging skin: As we age, we produce less collagen, which accounts for signs of aging such as loose skin, lines, and wrinkles. Microneedling stimulates collagen production to tighten loose skin and smooth and fill in lines and wrinkles.
- Shrink the pores: The process of microneedling stimulates production of collagen in and around the pores, which plumps the pores, causing them to appear smaller.
- Cause skin care products to work better: Only a small percentage of products used on the face actually penetrate the skin. Microneedling greatly increases of absorption, allowing you to derive full benefit from expensive serums and high-end skin care products.
- Treat areas other than the face: While some procedures are limited certain areas, microneedling can be performed anywhere on the body to treat stretch marks or acne scars, including the back, chest, and neck.
Facial Rejuvenation with Microneedling in Aliso Viejo
Microneedling is a minimally-invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure, performed in the doctor’s office, with minimal discomfort and little or no downtime. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Timothy R. Miller in our boutique Aliso Viejo office to discuss microneedling and your aesthetic treatment goals.