What is an ethnic rhinoplasty?
Ethnic rhinoplasty is a subset of nose jobs wherein the appearance of your nose is changed in accordance with your cultural background and ethnic descent. This is significantly different from traditional rhinoplasties, usually involving nose reduction by removing some of the bone and cartilage. All forms of rhinoplasty have the same underlying goal — restructuring the nose for greater overall facial symmetry and balance. However, ethnic rhinoplasties ensure facial harmony and balance while preserving the distinct markers of your ethnic background.
Rhinoplasty is already considered one of the most challenging cosmetic procedures, but an ethnic rhinoplasty makes it even more challenging. For a successful ethnic rhinoplasty, you must find a reputable and board-certified plastic surgeon who has a keen understanding of the unique nasal characteristics of various ethnic groups. Dr. Timothy R. Miller is a board-certified facial surgeon who leverages cutting-edge technologies, like VECTRA® 3-D computer imaging, to demonstrate the possible treatment results during the consultation. As such, you can collectively curate the ideal treatment plan before going under the knife.
What are the benefits of an ethnic rhinoplasty?
- Enhance facial symmetry, proportionality, and harmony
- Make you look considerably younger
- Avoid cookie-cutter templates in favor of personalized treatment plans that produce optimal results according to your specific cosmetic goals
- Honor your ethnic background and lineage while enhancing your nose structure
- Address structural problems, such as a deviated septum, to improve breathing
- Improve the quality of sleep by helping you breathe correctly and reduce snoring
- Improve your voice by addressing structural problems with your nose
- Make you feel more confident about your nose and facial appearance
What can I expect from an ethnic rhinoplasty procedure?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Miller will examine your nasal structures, your facial features, your cosmetic goals in relation to your ethnically-determined facial features. Dr. Miller will curate a treatment plan and use VECTRA® 3-D computer imaging to develop a rough estimation of the treatment results.
During the ethnic rhinoplasty procedure, either local or general anesthesia can be administered. The surgery may be performed in one of two styles — open rhinoplasty or closed rhinoplasty.
- Open Rhinoplasty: The cosmetic surgeon makes modifications to the nasal tip, and the base of the columella, the tissue that separates the nostrils.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: The cosmetic surgeon places the incisions within the nostrils, modifying the nose structure from inside the nasal canal.
Dr. Miller will determine what’s the ideal surgical style based on the treatment plan. The entire procedure may include a wide range of corrections, such as repositioning the nasal bone, changing the cartilage shape, reshaping the septum, etc. The procedure is conducted on an outpatient basis, and you can return home soon after waking up from the anesthesia.
Why choose Refreshed Aesthetic Surgery for ethnic rhinoplasty?
Refreshed Aesthetic Surgery is a state-of-the-art plastic surgery clinic, led by one of the most reputable board-certified facial plastic surgeons in Orange County — Dr. Timothy R. Miller. He is an exceptionally talented, experienced, and friendly facial plastic surgeon who patiently discusses your cosmetic goals to curate the ideal treatment plan for your needs. If you want a nose job without erasing markers of your beautiful lineage, please request your consultation online.